Sunday, March 21, 2010

let them eat whatever they want and upload whatever they want

I've been planning on a couple of posts lately but my internet is SLOW, so I can't upload any of my photos or sketches. Well I can, but it'll probably take a couple of hours, and then it'll have an error, and then I'll get frustrated. So until my internet gets fast, you can have fun eating this CAKE. I'm ok at cooking, but a lot of times I stuff up and then I get sad, and this is my fall back cake which always works. Except one time, when I used the 1/3 cup instead of the 1/4 cup and the cake came out all hard. Another particular recipe I would really like to GET RIGHT are macaroons. I made chocolate macaroons ONCE and they were amazing and fat yummy and incredibly rich. Then the second time they were ok. Then every single time after that I have failed. They stick to the paper, they collapse, are hollow inside, it's very bad for morale. I've heard Nigella Lawson's pistachio macaroons are pretty good so I might try them in my holidays coming up, yay. Until then, though I have 3 essays to write, a massive textiles project, a speech to write, a poster to create, and hundreds of other things.
Anyway you'll probs have all the ingredients for this cake, and it's pretty easy. Basically you have to sift the dry ingredients, beat the eggs and some other stuff then mix it all together.

Ingredients:
Cake:
3/4 cup self-raising flour
2 tbs cocoa powder
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup caster sugar

Vienna Cream:
125g unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups icing sugar
2 tbs cocoa powder
2 tbs milk

Method:
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line round cake tin with butter or baking paper.
2. Sift flour and cocoa together three times onto greaseproof paper.
Using electric beaters, beat the eggs in a small mixing bowl until thick and pale. Add the sugar gradually until the mixture is pale and glossy. Transfer mixture to large mixing bowl.
3. Fold in sifter ingredients into egg mixture quickly and lightly with a spatula. Spoon mixture evenly into prepared tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden and shrink from sides of tin.
4. For Vienna Cream:
Using electric beaters, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add icing sugar and cocoa, until smooth and fluffy. Add milk and continue beating.
When Sponge cake is finished and cooled, spread cream on top.
5. EAT.

No comments: